Thursday, November 8, 2007

I want to know...


I believe that we, as humans, are very different from the rest of the inhabitants of this world because we have this seemingly endless search for knowledge. What we have achieved through time defines how much we already know. Learning new things had always been such a joy for me. Back then when I was significantly less mature, I'd spend hours and hours watching discovery channel. From then on, I've realized that science can answer anything, even though some answers remain hypothetical at the very most. I'd imagine myself as a bank where constants deposits of new knowledge flow. The more I learn, the better I become. Having that said, every opportunity to learn something new should never be passed up. I once heard in a symposium about the existence of god that the anti-thesis of religion is not science, but rather, it is the lack of desire to seek knowledge.

No comments: